Walmart’s Return Policy
Walmart’s return policy; Almost every item purchased at Walmart may be returned, with or without a receipt, within a generous 90-day window starting from the date of purchase. This also holds true for online purchases that can be returned in person or via mail.
Learn more about Walmart’s return policy, including any exceptions to the 90-day window, the operation of the online return process, and the items that cannot be returned.
What is Walmart’s Return Policy in 2022?
Almost any Walmart purchase can be returned for a full refund or exchange within a 90-day window.
The following items are exempt from the 90-day return policy:
- Post-paid cell phones for 14 days
- Prepaid cell phones, laptops, printers, digital cameras and camcorders, tablets, GPS units, digital music players, drones, and portable video players are all items that can be rented for 15 days.
- 30 days: pressure washers, evaporative coolers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, and generators
- 60 days: spectacles on prescription
- Trees; shrubs; bulbs; perennial plants; 1 year
WALMART RETURN POLICY
|Return Period||90 Days|
|Exceptions||1. Cellular Phones-14 Days
2. Electronics – 30 Days
3. Glasses & Hearing Aids – 60 Days
|Return Method||1. In-store
|Exchange Period||90 Days|
|Exchange Method||1. In-store
|Refund Period||1. Instant Cash in store
2. 10 days for Credit Card
3. 7 Days for Debit Card
|Refund Method||Form of original payment|
|Extended Holiday Returns||From Dec 26th|
What is Walmart’s Return Policy Online vs. In-Store?
Fortunately, both in-store and online purchases are eligible for the same kind of 90-day return period. All online purchases can be exchanged, replaced, or returned to your neighborhood Walmart store.
You can even ship products back. Unless it’s a product from a third-party marketplace, Walmart will pay for all return shipping charges as long as the item qualifies for a return.
Items purchased online and paid for with cash must be returned to the store. To expedite the process, all returns can be started using the Walmart app.
When you log in and select “Purchase History,” you can select “Mobile Express Returns.”
Can I Return an Item to Walmart without a Receipt?
Unexpectedly, yeah! Without a receipt, Walmart does allow returns and exchanges on merchandise. To establish your ownership of the item, you will need to provide customer care with a copy of your government-issued ID.
There are several methods for doing this:
- You have three choices if you know the order number;
- You may return the item.
- Obtain a cash return if the item’s worth is less than $10.
- If the item is more than $10 in value, purchase a Walmart gift card.
If you have the credit or debit card that was used for the in-store transaction with you, the business might be able to check up on the purchase even if you don’t have the order number.
If the order was placed online, they might be able to find it using your email address or phone number.
Without a receipt, any Walmart private brand item may be exchanged for a refund or replacement with just the empty package! Included in this list are the following brands: Avia, Equate, EV1, George, Great Value, Marketside, Mainstays, No Boundaries, Pen+Gear, Play Day, Parent’s Choice, and Special Kitty. Sky, Time, Tru, and Wonder Nation all belong to Terra.
Does Walmart have a 30-day Return Policy?
Most purchases at Walmart are eligible for returns after 30 days. 90 days after purchase, the majority of things are returnable.
Electronic Walmart Return Policy
Within 30 days of purchase, all electronics must be returned. These things consist of, but are not restricted to:
- Postpaid cell phones
- Camcorders and digital cameras
- Digital music players
- Tablets and computers
- TVs, portable video players, and video game systems
- GPS units
- Sound systems
- Hoverboards, electric bicycles, and scooters
- RC vehicles
- Walmart protection plans and Applecare
What items Cannot be returned to Walmart?
There are some services and digital goods that cannot be returned, exchanged, or replaced. These things consist of:
- SIM cards and prepaid mobile phone cards
- download cards for video games
- Demand-driven video
- digital games
- Downloads of programs
- Express bill payments at Walmart
- Cards that can be reloaded with money
- the charge for cashing checks or cards
- customized gift cards (i.e. Mastercard, Visa)
- raffle tickets
- Tech assistance and security
The following items are designated as final sale and are also not returnable or exchangeable:
- Firearms; ammunition, airsoft; air guns, BB guns
- Pepper spray
- Gas-powered vehicles (i.e., dirt bikes, scooters, ATVs)
- Prescription medications
- Sexual wellness and family planning supplies
- Diabetic supplies
- Hygienic medical equipment
- Used or installed tires
- Trading cards
Some open and used items can only be exchanged for an identical or comparable item and are not eligible for returns. These items and the exchange window consist of:
- Unlocked wireless phones: 14 days
- Airbeds and air mattresses: 90 days
- Medical equipment (i.e. crutches, walkers, mobility scooters, slings): 90 days
This only applies to opened products, though. The aforementioned items may be returned for a complete refund if they are unopened.
Video Games Walmart Return Policy
Within 90 days of purchase, Walmart will accept returns of unopened or flawed video games. Defective games that have been played can only be replaced with another copy of the same game.
Then, if the original game isn’t available, you can select an alternative game. All digital game downloads are final and cannot be exchanged or returned.
Walmart Return Policy Canada
Within 90 days, almost every item purchased at Walmart Canada may be exchanged or returned for a full refund.
- Prepaid cell phones, laptops, computers, printers, digital cameras, camcorders, tablets, GPS, digital music players, drones, and portable video players all have a 14-day rental period.
- Post-paid cell phones for 15 days
- Items that must be returned within 30 days include televisions, DVD players, sound systems, headphones, portable video players, phones, flammable items, tents, pools, air conditioners, mattresses, music and movies, software, ink cartridges, breast pumps, drones with GPS capabilities, outdoor power equipment, and eyeglasses and contact lenses.
- Perennial plants, shrubs, trees, and bulbs at one year
The following items must be returned unused:
- Video and computer games
- Portable video players
- Music and movies
- Ink cartridges
- Disposable contact lenses
- Air mattresses
- Breast pumps
- Drones with GPS function
- Personal care items (i.e. feminine care, grooming and spa products, oral care)
Final sale items include:
medicines, gift cards, prepaid phone cards, ammunition, pyrotechnics, digital downloads, personalized jewelry, swimwear without the hygiene lining, sexual health, family planning products, clearance items (apart from Walmart private brands), trading, and card collecting.
Walmart Return Policy FAQs
How do I return an item by mail?
You may view your order history by logging into your Walmart online account. Click “Return” after finding the item you want to return.
You will receive a shipping label through email. Put your goods in a box and deliver them to the nearest UPS or FedEx location.
When do I receive my refund for a mail return?
Once your return has been received and processed, you will be refunded.
How often can I return items without a receipt?
Within a 45-day window, you may buy 3 things without a receipt.
Can I return food items?
Yes, but any food returns inside the 90-day term do need an original receipt.